His birthday was shared with family and a few close friends. Thanks to Aunt Caprene for helping (doing most of the work) on his adorable Elmo cake. We learned that you need at least 2 bottles of red food coloring. By the time we finally created red, we had nothing left for orange so Elmo didn't get his orange nose. But he was still pretty cute.


While we were cutting the Elmo cake for the guests, Zach had his own cake to destroy. Unfortunately for picture sake, but good for clean up, he didn't get to into it and ate hardly any.

You can tell by his expression he wasn't feelin' like red frosting.
I took his straight to the bath for a record scrub down and then into jammy's for presents.



While we were cutting the Elmo cake for the guests, Zach had his own cake to destroy. Unfortunately for picture sake, but good for clean up, he didn't get to into it and ate hardly any.
You can tell by his expression he wasn't feelin' like red frosting.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to little Zachary! I can't believe he's already one. He is cute! Christmas looks like a lot of fun too.
I totally learned the red frosting lesson early on, we did Elmo and THEN Spiderman...I'm staying away from red frosting forever, it makes all the kids look like they're bleeding out of their mouths! Zach is SOOOO cute...when are you coming to Spokane so we can introduce him to Hailey?
What a cutie, I want a Elmo themed birthday.
What a great cake you made! Looks like he had the best birthday of his life (ha)! Made me remember Ashley's first birthday and I shed a quick tear. Savor your moments with that little guy, I blinked and Ash is now eye to eye with me at age 10. Gulp. I think I need some new clogs....I'm still wearing the gray ones with leaves that I bought from you a few years ago from you and they are still in great condition. Love 'em!
Post a Comment