Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

The day before Halloween, Zach and I braved the almost freezing temps (the car said it was 37 degrees) to go play at Thanksgiving point. Zach was in tractor heaven. We got to ride a tractor with a bunch of punk, middle school kids from Wyoming. They were on a field trip. First of all, I don't remember any field trips in Junior High, except for maybe a trip to the theatre. They actually spent taxpayer dollars to bus a bunch of kids at 6:30am and drove them all the way to Utah to go to a cornmaze and pumpkin patch...seriously? Anyway, Zach thought it was a blast and all the 13 year old girls thought he was cute.
I visited the Outside Baby booth at Outdoor Retailer this summer and found this amazingly warm down coat for Zach. Check out their gear: www.outsidebaby.com . It is reversible and green on the inside.

They had a shed full of dried corn for kids to play in. Zach kept wanting to eat the corn, which made me think that many other kids probably have done the same thing...


Crawling through the wooden "choo choo."



I sat him in this oversized rocking chair and it looked like he was having a "Christmas Story" moment, until I took the next picture:




And I realized that this was my "I can't put my arms down" perfect picture.





That night Daddy carved his two pumpkins. JJ takes pumpkin carving very seriously.












JJ was jealous that he didn't get to play with Zach at Thanksgiving Point, so on Saturday while I had to work, JJ and Zach went to Cornbelly's again. It was only one day later and it was so warm he didn't even need a coat this time. Zach rode on this "cow train" the day before and he chose to ride in Jenny the cow both times. I wish I could have been there to see JJ riding in Betsy the car behind Zach.


Zach never seemed to car about tractors. Recently, however, he has discovered Cars the movie and now loves tractors and "moos" at them.


I figured this was possibly my only year that I would get to choose what Zach was going to be for Halloween, so I wanted to go with a redhead character. I debated over possibly Ron Weasley, but decided he would think Peter Pan was much more fun. When I put on the costume, I realized that it looks a lot like Robin Hood and he did get called Robin Hood about 1/2 the time while trick or treating.






Sitting my daddy's pumpkins. Can you tell what the second pumpkin is?





Should I be concerned that the tights were his favorite part of his costume?




JJ got to do his first "candy check."


3 comments:

Caprene said...

I'm very impressed by the Pacman pumpkin... and I'm with you on the field trip. Doesn't Wyoming have corn fields? Though I'm guessing they really came down for the Utah football game the next night.

Jaime said...

Could he be more adorable? I want to come and play with Zach right now. Looks like he had a blast! You look so good too btw.

Amber Addams said...

I love playing up the red head character idea! Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Halloween!