Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hawaii

The last week of April we flew to Kauai for my sister's wedding. We stayed in Kapaa and the west side. We stayed at the Waipouli Beach Resort. http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-islands/kauai/outrigger-waipouli-beach-resort-&-spa . It was so much fun to be on vacation with all my family. The last time we all went on vacation together was to Disneyland in 1993! The resort had a restaurant next to the beach and that is where we had my sister Kelley's wedding. I will add more wedding specific photos in the next post. But here is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. Baby brother Michael, myself, Dad, big Sis Kelley, and big brother Ryan.
Notice my tan and we had only made to LAX in this picture, how did that happen?? Zach had so much fun meeting everyone in the airport. At least 10 passengers learned his name and kept saying "hi Zach" while he walked up and down the aisle on the plane. His favorite thing to do was to walk up to someone, pat their knee and then waive and say "see ya!" He was great on the plane and probably watched about 3 hours worth of Elmo. JJ and I were supposed to trade off every 2 hours on the plane, but weird that that never happened...

The wading pool and had little pebble sand for Zach to play with. Here he is with grandpa.


I am so grateful for the invention of rash guards for kids. When we were little, my siblings and myself had to always wear t-shirts in the pool and take time outs from the sun.

The beach by our hotel.





On our zip line trip. Everyone tried to make it across the bridge without touching the sides. I made it the farthest without touching.




JJ zipping. We did 9 different zip lines that were about 150 feet above the water and forest in Princeville. The longest zip line was 800 feet.









Zach was so confused.



Aunt Kelley and Zach with an ice cream stache.


This was honestly the "kid's pancake plate." Guess who ate most of it? It wasn't Zach.

Kristina, Scotty and Robert at the rehearsal dinner.


Zach is attacking my sister's soon to be husband while hanging with Daddy, cousin Josh, and grandpa.



The sunset from our hotel room. One night we were able to watch whales slapping their big fins at each other while we ate fresh Ahi.

The roosters run wild all over the island since the hurricane in the early 90's. Zach was fascinated and he made his first animal noise in Kauai thanks to the chickens.




My stepmom Liz and my dad.

The "binky only in bed" rule went out the door on vacation. Between constantly eating out and cutting molars on the trip, we were desperate for some binky soothing.


The falls close to our hotel.

After a week in Hawaii, check out my tan now!! We finally got to snorkel on the last day of the trip. I almost chickened out but JJ helped me relax. The fish were amazing and I can't wait to go again and spend a lot more time in the water.


It was so great to spend time with both my favorite guys. I miss Hawaii!





5 comments:

LACI MICHELLE said...

What fun!!! There's nothing like hanging out at the beach and in tropical weather.

The Addams Family said...

Great pictures! We had such a fun time!

Annie Ditto said...

Sweet post Aim!! I LOVE the tan!! Especially at the end!! :) You look gorgeous- I'm so glad you had fun and that Zach was good!! Now when are you coming to see me??

Stephanie said...

Ahh, how i miss Hawaii! You all look like you had a blast! BTW, I am loving my shoes!:)

Kim said...

Sounds like a GREAT trip! I'm more than a little jealous, I must say. Hooray that Kelley pulled off such a dreamy wedding...