Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cookie Cutters...

Every since our redhead was born, his hair has been a major topic of conversation. Not just because it is red, but also because he was born with SO MUCH! Anyone who thinks babies with lots of hair in your belly gives you pregnancy heartburn is an old wives tale...a study conducted by Yale University and myself can prove you wrong. Subsequently, Zach has had 11 official haircuts to date. I got tired of looking at the terrible job I was doing to my poor kid so we started taking him to Cookie Cutters, the kids haircutting place close to home. He gets to sit in a car or firetruck, watch Elmo, and gets a sucker. Pretty rad, yes? Well, my beef with them is this, No matter what I tell them, they only seem to know ONE haircut. Please see below:

Zach before the first visit to Cookie Cutters:

About 3 weeks after his visit. This time I told them to cut it short.

His second visit to Cookie Cutters. Obviously not enjoying himself! I told them this time to trim the bottom but leave some length on top...


Okay, um...wait? This was shorter than the last time and crooked. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it was crooked until we had already left for Seattle for my sister's reception.


His hair here reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.



Before the most recent haircut. I loved his hair shaggy, but the sideburns and almost tail in the back were getting a little ridiculous. So JJ took him last week for a hair cut. Again, he told her to keep it longer on top and clean up the sides...

SERIOUSLY?









1 comment:

Mama Williams said...

How frustrating! If that is the best they can do then bring him over to my house. I'm not a professional, but I do know how to do short on the side and longer on top. Good grief!
Julie :)